Here's the thing...

Hello again! I'm just trying to process something and it always helps to write things down and keep track of it. You know, pros and cons. But I thought about how I have't really done anything too creative yet either. So this is a mix of both and I'm just writing this on the spot to be honest. Hopefully it turns out okay-ish. p.s. I'll refer to myself as "Grace" and not my birth name cause I'd like to keep that off of here.


Grace. My birth name. The name I've been called for 16 years. Ever since I was little they've slowly been feeding me bits of this identity. I tried to build myself off of this identity, but it wasn't right. Now I know why. Because the stuff they fed me was not right. It didn't meet my needs, so now I'm slowly changing. Online, I'm known as Hayden. My friends know about me. As soon as I go home I am Grace yet again. My friends don't call me Hayden in school. They don't call me Hayden on the bus or really anywhere. They know I'm Hayden. I know I'm Hayden, yet I'd prefer to be called Grace in public. You know why? Because I still look like Grace. So I guess until I come out of this tiny, little prison cell, I'll just stay Grace. But if I'm honest, I like it a bit more than the closet I've been in.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth

I wish I were wrong