Menthol Stained Hands

I've been up since 1AM and it's now 4AM. Smoking, wandering, thinking. This is weird. I need a drink.

My breaths were visible
on this starry night.
A cancer stick was between my lips
while I tried to find familiarity in the stars.
Like the good old times,
I tried to find the dippers.
I can proudly tell you I found them
but after that,
my distraction was gone.
I was forced with a choice.
A metaphorical one of course.
On one side was college.
It represented a jail cell,
A life that didn't feel free.
and the other side?
It was the real world.
It looked magical honestly.
I wanted to run right into it.
I got to the end of my cigarette
And I realized that to get there,
sacrifices had to be made
so I turned
And went right back to my prison.
The dippers were lost to time by the way.
I should know.
I checked before going back to Watson
with my menthol stained hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth

Here's the thing...

I wish I were wrong