The Artist

So here I am in math class, finishing a....yeah i don't really know. I really need a social life. Anyways, I hope you like this cause it's taken me a few days to write it.

=================================================
There is a girl. She lives a normal life, She gets home from school and the phone rings. The home phone. The only person who calls that phone is grandma. And the only thing she wants is to talk to the girl's stepdad, besides the girl doesn't have time at the moment. She has stuff to do. For weeks, even months this happens. Every time the phone rings, the girl is reminded of how she once loved her grandmother.

Her grandmother and she used to bake. It wasn't good though, they didn't follow the directions. The point of baking wasn't to have good tasting food, but for fun and to bond. They also did many crafts and painted. The grandma was a professional artist and had sold many pieces before. She was also a teacher and always pushed the girl to do her best. The little girl hated that. She hated how grandma was slow and how grandma never stopped nagging. "Clean the kitchen", "Be up and dressed by 6:00", "I want to check that homework.", "Clean your room."

Now, the girl ignores the grandmas call, but she will wish she just picked it up. Not now, but later. The grandma calls again and again and again, so feeling quite irritated she goes in her room and plays music. She tries to drown out the calls. The girl knows that grandma is just lonely and looking for another living being to talk to. She always did say, on the few occasions the girl was forced to visit, that the nurses had no humor and were quite the bore. The girl didn't think of it much though.

Her mom always tried to get her to visit the grandmother, but she always had a reason not to go. "I have homework", "I think I'm working tonight." , "I'm feelin' sick, I don't want her to get sick."

Any reason would work. One night, the grandma died. The nurses gave her some medicine for stomach pain and she dozed off peacefully. When the nurses had come back within a half hour, the grandma had died from a heart attack. The girl cried when she found out. She cried a lot. Now, the girl sits by the phone, waiting for it to ring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth

Here's the thing...

I wish I were wrong