My New Book!

The first draft of my book is up on Wattpad for all of you to see and read! I've been working on it since September and I'm proud of it. It needs a lot of work, but I'm working on that too. I'm going to leave a preview of one of my favorite chapters for you guys on here, but you need the synopsis first. It's a gay werewolf book to put it simply. Oliver thought he was normal until Duncan came in and turned his upside down and what's worse? It will never end! Through disappearances, evil queens, wars and other things, Duncan and Oliver find out that maybe it's not such a bad thing. A couple of important notes: Werewolves found him and he's coming up with an escape plan. This is Oliver's POV. Enjoy!

"THEY WHAT?!?" Martha screamed at me, standing up in her chair. I cringed a little, but after my initial shame, I got up and yelled right back at her.
"DON'T YELL AT ME! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THEY COULD SMELL ME AT COLLEGE."
She yelled back more as Greg sat with his hands on his head, "FINE, BUT HOW DO THEY KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE OLIVER?"
I got quiet and cleared my throat, "Well, I, uh, kinda threw a party when you guys were gone."
Greg groaned and Martha yelled, "OLIVER!"
I couldn't even be mad at her because she had a legitimate reason to be mad at the moment. "Well, anyways. They saw my face and I guess I look really similar and yeah.....The vampire King knows where I live. He sent someone in to kill me, but it was..." I tried to avoid bringing in Duncan, "handled appropriately."
Martha sighed and shook her head, "God, I am so disappointed in you, but now you're in danger. We have to move. You might be able to go to the queen's castle, but it's a far shot. You'll probably end up having to move to a different country."
Hearing this, I thought of leaving Duncan and even I whined a bit at the thought. Taurus was going insane. Oliver, you need to fix this! Tell her why you're safe here! You'll be fine because they're bound by ancient law and the ancient law says they can't kill another vampire which is you.
I spoke to him, Maybe it's for the best if I leave. He'll be out of danger honestly. Imagine if his dad found out about us. How the werewolf and vampire princes are mated.
I don't want to leave our mate, Oliver.
Neither do I.
I looked to Martha and Greg and did the hardest thing I'd ever have to do, "Okay. When do I leave?" My throat burned, but I kept myself under control.
Martha looked to Greg surprised at my cooperation, "U-Uh probably in a week or two. We need to make some arrangements."
I nodded, "Okay, but Allison is coming with me or I'm staying." I wasn't about to lose the one person I truly loved
Martha looked astounded, "You will not take my child--"
I cut her off with a vicious growl, "I, a lycan prince, will protect her with everything I have and give her the best life I can. You lost the title of her mother when you said she was a lost cause."
Martha was silent. She knew I was serious. She sighed, "Fine but if she even gets scratched so help me, Oliver!"
"I know, she'll be fine."
"Look, I really can't get her out of there in the timeframe we have. What if you left and I'll bring her to--"
"No, if I have to, I'll break her out. I'll give you one week to get her out of there legally and if you can't I'm going in next Wednesday."
She nodded, "Fine, but I don't like this."
I laughed, "You never liked anything I did." I didn't even stay to hear her remark, I just went to bed and started making plans. I slept awful.
*********
My week in waiting was spent skipping school, avoiding calls from my worried friends, and planning my escape. According to Martha, rogue werewolves were on their way to discard of the abomination that is me. The entire werewolf kingdom had heard of me. The dark prince. Greg often filled me in on the kingdom "news" so we had actually connected a little bit. I really liked my nickname. Although it wasn't really fitting, it made me seem cooler than I was. Not a bone in my body was "dark" and "moody" like the name alluded to. Well, I guess I could be a little moody, but I liked the name anyways. I was given the nickname because I was a hybrid. Yes, you heard it. The entire kingdom knew I was a hybrid. I guess the King of Vampires already told the queen and now both sides wanted me dead. Werewolves didn't like me because I had vampire in me and vampires didn't like me because I was a royal werewolf. It didn't bother me much. I didn't need them to be happy. If anything, I was just glad to be leaving it all for a secluded life with Ally.
Duncan came back into my head. It'd be so fun if he came too, but I couldn't involve him in this mess. Last I heard, the vampire king was dying. He was extremely sick with a werewolf scratch and wouldn't last more than a few weeks. On Monday, when I heard of this, I tried to mindlink him, but he shut me out. I couldn't feel him anymore and I couldn't talk to him. It was so lonely and isolated. Taurus was still so mad at me for choosing to leave, he wouldn't talk to me either. He sat there brooding all the time and he howled for Duncan. I doubt Duncan could hear us, but it crushed me to see Taurus like this.
My mother, the queen, heard that I'd been turned and she declared an official war on the vampires. She promised an extinction of the race to avenge my innocence and with the king dying, Duncan had to take over and try to defend his people. I was being forced in a position to choose between my kind and family and my mate and his kind. I hated it, but hopefully, if I successfully got away, I could live my life in peace. Martha and Greg arranged for me and Ally to go live in Canada. Martha was struggling to get Ally out of the Psych ward because the doctors refused to say she was ready to leave. It didn't look like she was going to get her out within the next two days, so I started planning the escape. Greg and Martha had already shown me where we were going to be relocated. It was a small town out in the middle of the woods. There was a large log house there owned by the royal family, waiting for Ally and I. It was on the outskirts of the town and there was a small college there for me and a middle school and high school there for Ally. Greg and Martha promised to visit one weekend every month. I thought Ally would like that, so I agreed.
Wednesday morning rolled around and the morning seemed to be holding back the sun. The sky was a dark blue and it was nippy as I stood in my beloved black joggers and grey t-shirt. I ran my hand through my hair and looked around at my house from the end of the driveway. It was the last time I'd see it for a while. I'd never forget the day: October 28th at 5:00 am. I still had to pack all my stuff and Ally's stuff. I packed all our clothes and trinkets. I wouldn't have taken my phone, but I was assured that the vampires and rogues wouldn't track it. I took my mac and Xbox and producing equipment, thinking I'd have time to fix it when we got there. I also put in my guitar and keyboard. I put Ally's painting set and all of her drawing tools. I wasn't sure if she still liked drawing, but I remembered that she used to draw all the time so I brought it just in case. I also packed her jewelry and hair products and stuff. Martha and Greg never touched anything of hers. Her room has remained the same for the past year. Literally, everything I picked up was covered with a light coat of dust.
I went back to my bathroom and gathered my deodorant and other hygiene products. After putting it all in my jeep, I shoved my hands in my pocket and felt for Duncan. I was surprised to see that his guard was slightly down. Calmly I said, Don't look for me. You won't find me. A tear ran down my cheek and my throat burned a bit, I'm sorry Duncan. For everything.
I tried to come off as cold and as distant as possible, but I couldn't leave him feeling like I hated him. Whether I wanted to or not, I cared about him.
I paced back and forth, waiting for Greg and Martha. They'd been down there to try and talk to the doctor one more time before I went to get her myself. My stomach grumbled, begging for food. I'd been feeding on animals and it was disgusting. Their blood was just...ew, but at least I wasn't killing people for food anymore. It just meant that I spent a lot of time hunting. Speaking of, I almost forgot the cooler of deer blood that I'd gotten. I never let a drop goes to waste, so I put the extra blood in bags and threw them in a cooler with ice.
I heard a car about a mile away and I knew it was them. I went inside to get the cooler so by the time I came back out, they were there. They got out with solemn faces. I approached them, "Am I good to go?"
Greg nodded, "Yeah, just uh, be careful. The director is there today to inspect for an annual report. Get in and get out. Got it? Once you get out, the drives about 20 hours, so stop and get changed after you get out of town. The queen has some people at the border who will pass you through no problem and we already took care of the cameras. You have a thousand in cash for gas and food if you need it."
I grunted to show I got it and turned to go back to my jeep, until Martha stopped me, "Oh, uh, Oliver?"
She smiled gently, "Take care of each other okay?"
I nodded and waved and then I was off to free my sister.
Did you like it? You can read the entire thing on my profile: https://www.wattpad.com/user/HeyHaydenWrites
The War Among Us IS STILL going through revisions. That's just a warning. There may be a few spelling mistakes, plot holes, and grammar mistakes. So my bad, but it'll be fixed by the end of April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth

Here's the thing...

I wish I were wrong